Readers!! I am SO sorry I haven't updated in so long! For the first time since I have been here, I have been absolutely swamped with work- but I love it! The last couple weeks have been spent interviewing, writing, planning and preparing for deadlines this month and for the next few. My roommate Katherine finally arrived back last night from her Christmas vacation so things are beginning to feel normal again. This week we get two new guy interns coming in and I am looking forward to meeting them.
Also, the girl with my job in Mumbai is coming this week so that we can work together on a Media Kit to hopefully start and finish during the week she is here. This way, as we are moving forward in our media strategy and in building relationships with the press, we can have a super sweet kit for them. Hopefully some of my stories will be up on the Web site soon- one has made it on there already.
I have been absolutely tickled by all the packages I have received in the last few weeks. THANK YOU so much! They are so exciting. The people in the Admin department of the office all come in my room together when they deliver any parcels to me because they love seeing me squealing and freaking out.
Additionally, I have decided to start adding a two new words to my regular vocabulary: queue and query. People in the office all have very proper English because of all the British influence in India, so they say cute things like:
"Do you have any more queries?" and "I stood in a queue waiting."
Eleven days until I see the love of my life again.
AND huge major newsflash called Alyssa's Indian visa got approved and she is officially coming out here for a MONTH in February! I could not possibly more excited.





You're close. When one is standing in line (at the cinema, the bank, the lavatory, etc), the 'line', pronounced like 'cue', is SPELLED 'queue'.
ReplyDeleteahem... i will not be in canada, so i'm not quite sure who you would be referring to as the love of your life. and, no matter how many pics you take of sweet little puppies, I dont believe you will be owning anything other than a fish any time soon.
ReplyDeletep.s. I LOOOOVE YOUUUU!!
ReplyDelete