Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

maybe I will be a teacher now

Danielle, I love you.


My ultra-fab friend and former roommate and bride-to-be Danielle (Benni) Rogers just completed her first year as a first grade teacher at an elementary school in Durham. She had every single student in her class send me an illustrated letter asking me all sorts of questions about India. ADORABLE. I am still melting from how presh this whole thing is. My favorite was that some of the kids told me that they were peach- entirely based upon the crayon color used to draw white people. So great. Top six favorites:

Number One.

"Dear Ms. Laurel. Hi! My name is T and I have a bike and I have a palysansn 3 and I have a x box 360. We are learning about India and tigers and I have a dog. Do they go to the school boys and girls and do you have a helper in your class and do you like India? They have a lot of tigers in India and they have monkeys do they have fish and shark and jellyfish and seaturtles? Love T."

Number Two.

"Dear Ms. Laurel. Hi! My name is J. My favorite color is pink and purple. I like to play in the gym. I have black hair and black eyes. Can I ask you some questions please? My first question is what language do they speak in India? What do they eat? What does the Taj Mahal look like on the inside? What to they wer? Do they have jewelry? Do that have farms? Do they have pigs? Do they have colors? Do they have the same buildings as us? Do they have school like us? Do they have video games? Do they have playgrounds? Do they have umbrellas? Do they have birthdays? Do they have tvs? Do they have clibors [clipboards?]? Do they have urasrs? Love J"

Number Three.

"Dear Ms. Laurel. My name is A and I am peach. My eyes are black. I have one sister and one mom and one dad and I am bery bery good at swimming. Can I please ask you some questions?...."

Number Four.

Dear Ms. Laurel. My name is J Ms. Laurel. My favorite color pink. Whats your favorite game? How is India. What do India look like? I'm the color brown. My favorite game is the wii. I have some questions. Is India good? Is India fun? Do India have food? Do India have ox? Is Indias food good? And do they have books in India? Why do they have so many people at India? How many money do they have? What do they food look like Ms. Laurel? We learned the short 'i' and long 'i' and the 'th' and 'sh.'"

Number Five.

"Dear Ms. Laurel. My name is S. My favorite colors are gold and pink. I have a mom and I have a dad and I have two sisdr and a bruthr. What do the Taj Mahal look like? What do they eat in India? Do they have apartments? How do they get money? Why do they have so many people? What does their money look like? Do they have hair like us? Do they have to kill for their food or do they buy they food? What toothpaste do they use? What language do they speak? What does they ledrs look like? Is it easy to find rocks? Can you see stars? Thank you. Love S"

Number Six. 

"Dear Ms. Laurel. I like carnivorous plants! My name is O. I am six years old..."

No comments:

Post a Comment