Today in an effort to keep my brain working I decided to move to level 38 on www.freerice.com. If you aren't familiar with the fab and nerdtastic web site, it is essentially an endless vocab quiz. The best part is that it's for a good cause too and every correct answer means that 10 grains of rice are donated to help end global hunger. I highly recommend you checking it out and getting those neurons firing.
Anyways, the first word I came across on level 38 was 'lauraceous.' The answer, laurel-like, made me literally LOL. I officially welcome you to incorporate this incredible new world into your daily vocab. A prime example might include the following scenario: "Did you hear that girl giggling? It was so lauraceous!"
Speaking of giggling, I am excited to have a girl's night tonight with my fellow giggle machine Jenny Mabe. I am making her dinner, except what she doesn't know is that this particular chicken casserole is actually the only thing I can cook. I probably need to work on my domestic capabilities so that someone will marry me one day.. eek.
Less than one month until take-off. So so so excited.
CHAPEL HILL NOW HAS A KRISPY KREME? Right after I left?
love the background!! :)
ReplyDeletegirl! just discovered this blog and i am LOVING it. your heart for God and your world is so inspiring. i am so excited to keep up to date and hear what you are up to. wish we lived closer and were sharing our ijm experience on the same continent. love you!
ReplyDeleteheather.