'By our love' by Christy Nockels-
Walking in the Spirit, there's much to be done
We will come reaching, out from our comforts
And they will know us by our love.
Sisters, we were made for kindness
We can pierce the darkness as He shines through us
We will come reaching, with a song of healing
And they will know us by our love.
The time is now
Come Church arise
Love with His hands
See with His eyes
Bind it around you,
Let it never leave you,
And they will know us by our love
Children, You are hope for justice,
Stand firm in the Truth now, set your hearts above
You will be reaching, long after we're gone,
And they will know you by your love."
The last few days have been very meaningful in terms of preparation for this trip. Saturday night I watched the movie "Trade," which, although it is extremely disturbing, paints a realistic portrait of what happens to girls trafficked into the US. It was hard to watch but I think that anyone interested in learning more about this issue should watch it.
I have some pretty wonderful news. Called I am finished raising support! I can't believe how little time it took to come up with $20,000 and I am forever grateful and beyond overwhelmed at peoples' selfless and sacrificial gifts. It has been a challenge to really put myself in a place where I sent out the letters and trusted God with the response- but of course He has provided for me above what I needed and in His perfect timing. Thank you to everyone who is praying for me and for my experience in South Asia. Please keep these precious girls in your prayers- that God would give them hope and that IJM would be able to rescue them quickly and effectively.
This is my last week at Lucky 32 and I am really sad about it! It has been such a fun experience (once I got through the rigorous training!) to learn a new skill and work a job that I have always thought would be perfect for me and my personality. The people there have been so friendly and fun to get to know and I am going to miss everyone :(
Have a wonderful day!!
Love love love, L
No comments:
Post a Comment