Hello friends! Yesterday (Friday) I took leave to spend some time with Alyssa who has been hanging out all week waiting to start work while I have been busy all day at work.
We got ready and headed downtown so that I could introduce her to my most favorite eating establishment, Flury's. Flury's has been in the city for over 80 years and is famous for it's tea, dessert boy and British influence. We went for afternoon tea and I am now obsessed with their masala chai. Alyssa got some kind of afternoon tea package, inclusive of two kinds of cake and a presh little cucumber sandwich:
Later we went to the mall for a little with Vic and Trish and a couple other interns. The mall is currently Alyssa's favorite place here. I had Vic and her model some Sperry look-alikes for my favorite BWDS:
My friend Sweta has told me several times that she wanted me to come over so she could make momos for me. It hadn't worked out the last couple times we tried to do it, but last night Alyssa and I went over to her flat for a delicious homemade dinner! We tried to help her make them, but the process is more intricate than I expected and Alyssa's and mine were not quite up to par. Here she is trying to help us do it right:
One tray of them pre-steam:
We ended the evening going out to a club at the Park Hotel with Sweta and some of her friends. The people here LOVE techno. The guy and girl beside me are from Bhutan. I have never met anyone with the dance moves of this kid. Totally entertaining. We had a fabulous time and it was great that Alyssa got to experience so much of this city in one day!
Then when we got home I got to see my speed-demon little sister in her ACC race via online streaming. It was so exciting and I was amazed that I could watch her from my flat over here at 3:30 a.m. Congrats girl, you kicked butt!

No comments:
Post a Comment