Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

fam jam

So I will admit it. It's five months in and I really miss my family. We are now in 2 countries and 5 different states, and even though we are slightly dysfunctional and so far away, I am so lucky to have to love and support from each of them that I do. The famous five Gillespie girls could not possibly be more different, but I love my sisters so much. Here's to you fam jam:

Mama G: aka Suzles, mum, sexy mama, super mom, pillar of the family, maker of the most delectable meals, seamstress of all costumes, brunt of most of my jokes, fastest tanner alive, computer and technology whiz, English expert, fearless teacher, fabulous listener, greatest cheerleader. I wish I could have dinner with you and entertain you with all of my alter egos. I can't wait to see you. 



Mads: My beautiful baby sister. I remember clearly the day you were born (I was rocking a turquoise stirrup tracksuit probably with kittens on it from grandma and brown little house on the prairie lace up shoes I borrowed from Marie HA) and have been so lucky to have such a cool little sister. I have thoroughly enjoyed morphing you into a mini-me and fellow fashion / design snob. I am sad I am missing so much of your life this year babe, but I can't wait to back-to-school shop and prepare for high school this summer! I love you honey!!



Anna: the most adventurous, ridiculous and hilarious of us all. From 'guess the person in the church' and the swinging arm game when our evil parents put us to bed at like 4 p.m. to high school cross country where you kicked my butt, you have always beat me in pretty much every game / sport that exists. I am so excited for you about your big race this weekend and will be setting the alarm for 3 a.m. to catch it. Not just that, but you are also so generous and loving to everyone. It meant the world to me that you came to see me off... I hope you are there at RDU on June 30th. xoxo



Heather: The sweetest, kindest, most thoughtful sis alive: I Miss You. I would have died at UNC without you and have a bajillion memories of us laughing, fighting, making up dances, analyzing our men, and exploring new places together. For some reason the Black Eyed Peas and Jessica Simpson will never be the same without you to hear it with. And remember that even though I am far away, I am still available to offer any fashion suggestions/ tips that you need :) XOXO



Shannon: The smartest person I know. I love your eye for design and art. You have made great efforts to be there for me and I am so appreciative especially of all the help you gave me last summer getting ready for my trip. I am hoping to do a trip to Ohio when I get home to see your crib and meet your friends. I'm jealous of your edge. We need to catch up woman!!



Daddy / Pops: Always my biggest fan and absolutely always there for me. You are supportive and wonderful and I will never know how truly blessed I am to have a dad like you. You always help me when I need it- from poetry assignments to boy problems to big life decisions to road trips. I can't wait for all the cool things we can do together this year and this summer when I return. Thanks for being a great dad- I love you and am proud of you. Please lose the overalls :)



So there it is. Overly sentimental, yes, but I am 8,000 miles away and I miss them a bunch. 


3 comments:

  1. anna GillespieFebruary 24, 2011

    absolutely love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this, thank you Laurel -

    ReplyDelete
  3. heyy! sorry to comment on such a sentimental post with a somewhat not sentimental message...let me include some sentiment so it's a bit more appropriate. your outgoing and inclusive spirit saved my life at northwest! i most certainly would have drowned without you. you are great. :)

    anyways...i got your vmail awhile back and just wanted to say hello! laurie told me about your blog and i have been catching up on everything you're doing. so amazing! hope you are wonderful! lets hang when you get home. xo
    Sara

    p.s. sorry for all of the lowercase. i never do that. i don't know why i did this time...

    ReplyDelete