This morning in devotions Katherine shared about how lucky we are that we worship and praise a God that we can trust. Wholey. Fully. In any place or circumstance. A God who listens to our petitions and with a mighty hand and outstretched arm, takes great delight in his people. And who answers our prayers.
Yesterday we had a successful rescue operation. Five girls believed to be minors were rescued from a brothel in this city. The local police department was more than cooperative; in fact, they were proactive, organized and motivated to get the girls out. That alone is a victory. Today in the debriefing, several coworkers were still shaken up by the things they saw yesterday--the deplorable conditions of the sex rooms, the amount of young children living in the brothels, the amount of men lurking outside and waiting for their fix. Most of the team couldn't sleep last night. It doesn't matter how many times they have assisted rescues. They can see past the make-up that attempts to cover these girls' pain. One coworker thanked God for our sadness. "Thank you Father that we also hurt when we see your children suffering," she prayed.
I was reminded again that we are not alone in this fight. The Lord cries with us and is faithful to rescue them. Facing an enemy of this size and scope, our responsibility is to work diligently yes, but ultimately to place our efforts and our work at the foot of the cross and trust our God to restore and redeem.
This place makes me more aware of the earth's groanings for redemption and renewal. I can see better the hopeless state we are in without the saving grace of God. We desperately need forgiveness and we need the world to be made right. And when I doubt, God is faithful to show me that I can trust him because he is real and he is moving:
I see him answering my prayer and I see him producing fruit. I am learning more that it really is just about trusting in him and his plan and being patient. As Erin Coomer always explained to me, it's the simple transfer of trust from me and my way to God and his way, believing that his way is for my good :)
Yesterday we had a successful rescue operation. Five girls believed to be minors were rescued from a brothel in this city. The local police department was more than cooperative; in fact, they were proactive, organized and motivated to get the girls out. That alone is a victory. Today in the debriefing, several coworkers were still shaken up by the things they saw yesterday--the deplorable conditions of the sex rooms, the amount of young children living in the brothels, the amount of men lurking outside and waiting for their fix. Most of the team couldn't sleep last night. It doesn't matter how many times they have assisted rescues. They can see past the make-up that attempts to cover these girls' pain. One coworker thanked God for our sadness. "Thank you Father that we also hurt when we see your children suffering," she prayed.
I was reminded again that we are not alone in this fight. The Lord cries with us and is faithful to rescue them. Facing an enemy of this size and scope, our responsibility is to work diligently yes, but ultimately to place our efforts and our work at the foot of the cross and trust our God to restore and redeem.
This place makes me more aware of the earth's groanings for redemption and renewal. I can see better the hopeless state we are in without the saving grace of God. We desperately need forgiveness and we need the world to be made right. And when I doubt, God is faithful to show me that I can trust him because he is real and he is moving:
I see him answering my prayer and I see him producing fruit. I am learning more that it really is just about trusting in him and his plan and being patient. As Erin Coomer always explained to me, it's the simple transfer of trust from me and my way to God and his way, believing that his way is for my good :)
"Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him, and He will act."
- Psalm 37:5
- Psalm 37:5
No comments:
Post a Comment