Things around here are always changing! This past week I moved again back to Aimee and Katherine's flat. I was definitely sad to leave Shamina right as we had started to get to know each other a little better, but there was some shifting that had to be done because of space needs with a new intern coming, so I said I would go back. We have transformed this tiny triangle shaped room into the beginnings of a little masterpiece, and I really love it. I'm also more familiar with this area, which is great too!
Today the last intern in this 2010-2011 group arrived from Thailand. I got to know her some at training and am super, super excited to hang out with her here. I definitely enjoy Saturdays here in the city, and have a list of little errands to run so I feel super productive! One thing I would ask you to pray for here is that a friend of one of my coworkers lost her dad last week and found out her husband died in some kind of accident yesterday. I can't imagine.
I will have some more pictures to upload in a couple of days. I am definitely starting to feel more accustomed to this place and more comfortable with getting around.. PTL! Last night we had a girl's night at my friend Robin's house and Katherine made fried green tomoatoes, chicken, cornbread and green beans big-time southern style. Followed of course by a viewing of the classic, Steel Magnolias. It was really fun. More updates soon! xoxox
Wow - my heart goes out to your co-worker. I will definitely be lifting her up in prayer. So glad to hear you had a good weekend and are finally settled into (fingers crossed) your final destination. I will hop on email and Skype asap - this week is looking crazy but I promise a catch-up by next weekend at the latest.
ReplyDeleteLOVE & prayers