I am writing with a great deal of pride about what happened to me yesterday. Of course I have to preface this with a disclaimer that I am aware that this would only happen here, but still it was awesome.
I was riding home in a taxi from dinner at about 10 p.m. The windows are down and I'm sitting right next to the window. As I previously mentioned, the people here love to stare at me. Anyways, I noticed that the auto driver next to my taxi was checking me out pretty intensely, and I was trying to ignore it. What I couldn't ignore however, was the reality that his head was craned so far to look at me that he forgot about the road and crashed into the car in front of him. Everyone was fine and no major life-threatening injuries were incurred, but it is going in the books as one of my top 10 proudest moments for sure.
Today, I actually avoided the automated transportation altogether and walked home from work. I don't know exactly how far it is but it took about 45 minutes. With my ipod in and turned up (obviously), it was one of my most calming experiences so far here. The weather was so nice. I couldn't hear the honking and all the craziness and was able to just explore myself a little and see things up close that I usually just drive by.
Winston Churchill quote of the day from Katherine's refrigerator magnet collection:
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
causing car accidents with your rare American beauty - definitely one for the books!
ReplyDeleteI'm not quuuite sure how well Trina fits into your blog...but I of course have to add these lyrics:
ReplyDeleteGreen means go
Yellow means slow
Red means stop
Now drop to the flo
Girl you got a .....
Stopping traffic like a red
Oh my gosh, Laurel! This happened to my sister while she was walking down the street in Ecuador...twice! She was so freaked out the first time, she just started running away! haha!
ReplyDelete