Inspired by my awesome friend Taylor Switzer and a recent post from her fabulous blog - www.talesofswitzerland.blogspot.com, I have decided to give my own rendition of some of my stranger addictions-- or rather, the random things I have extremely strong opinions about-- based off her blog and the TLC show My Strange Addiction. When I read her post about how she is obsessed with Tweezerman tweezers and plucking other people's eyebrows, I could definitely relate (ACS shoutout!). Pretty much all my friends have commented on how strong my opinions are about things that to them don't matter at all, haha. These three things are the first that come to mind:
1. Brushing my teeth. I could easily brush my teeth about eight times a day if given the opportunity. Nothing disgusts me more than a lack of oral hygiene and I think I definitely inherited this addiction from my dad, who has been known to carry an extra toothbrush in his pocket. I CANNOT stand it when my mouth doesn't feel fresh. Basically as soon as I eat I want to brush again and I also am always prepared just in case I can't fight the urge.
2. Clapping. I know it is strange, but I absolutely cannot stand clapping. It is not yet a registered phobia, but I avoid in all circumstances. The absolute worst are situations where neglecting applause is rude and I have to submit to the will of the group. There are also always those individuals who have an insatiable desire to be the loudest clapper in a room and love doing so out of sync of everyone else. Every morning after prayer devotions a coworker says "And all God's people say.." and everyone claps and says Amen. I cringe every time! It's terrible.
3. Brownie / ice cream contact. There is something about a warm brownie and the cold ice cream touching each other in the same bowl and melting all over each other, making the brownie totally mushy, that I cannot handle. Alyssa thinks I am a freak because we made them last weekend and I gave her specific orders for two separate serving receptacles. Anyone with me here?
Hmm that should be enough for now. Please still be my friend! Have a wonderful Wednesday!!
1. Brushing my teeth. I could easily brush my teeth about eight times a day if given the opportunity. Nothing disgusts me more than a lack of oral hygiene and I think I definitely inherited this addiction from my dad, who has been known to carry an extra toothbrush in his pocket. I CANNOT stand it when my mouth doesn't feel fresh. Basically as soon as I eat I want to brush again and I also am always prepared just in case I can't fight the urge.
2. Clapping. I know it is strange, but I absolutely cannot stand clapping. It is not yet a registered phobia, but I avoid in all circumstances. The absolute worst are situations where neglecting applause is rude and I have to submit to the will of the group. There are also always those individuals who have an insatiable desire to be the loudest clapper in a room and love doing so out of sync of everyone else. Every morning after prayer devotions a coworker says "And all God's people say.." and everyone claps and says Amen. I cringe every time! It's terrible.
3. Brownie / ice cream contact. There is something about a warm brownie and the cold ice cream touching each other in the same bowl and melting all over each other, making the brownie totally mushy, that I cannot handle. Alyssa thinks I am a freak because we made them last weekend and I gave her specific orders for two separate serving receptacles. Anyone with me here?
Hmm that should be enough for now. Please still be my friend! Have a wonderful Wednesday!!
haha love it!
ReplyDeletesee- we all have them!
...when i see you next, i promise to not clap...if you'll let me pluck your eyebrows!