Oh my goodness friends and family do I have some good news for you! But first, I will explain the title of this post in the form of a brief anecdote.
I learned a lot of new phrases during the three years I spent tutoring the UNC football boys. Un-ghetto-izing their language and writing was a continual challenge but always a pure joy. Also, when out of the office I received hilarious texts and Facebook messages all the time. Most (but not all) of them were entirely inappropriate for a tutor / student type of relationship, but they never cared esp. since I was usually only a year older. One time I was setting up a tutoring session with this guy outside of my usual hours. He was having a writing emergency. I got his number. When I got home I had a message telling me to slap him on da hip ASAP.
Slap him on da hip. Hmm.
From there I did some preliminary research around the dorm, in my suite, from Young Marcus, on urbandictionary.com, etc. To maintain any semblance of street cred I had to pretend that I already knew and was just quizzing them. #whitegirlproblems. Then I asked one of my other boys and was notified that it simply means 'call me.' Obviously. He went on to say something about how the cell phone might be on the aforementioned student's hip somewhere and when you call it, some kind of hip-slappage occurs. That one stuck.
So this brings me to my extremely exciting news!! Before Alyssa got here, her parents did their due diligence and discovered this calling-card plan you can order online called Reliance Global Calling.
http://www.relianceglobalcall.com/
Basically you can sign up online for however much you want and get OOC low rates so you can call me on my Indian celly. It is approximately 8 times cheaper than me calling you, the connection is totally clear, it's easy to use and it works every time! Brett has been using it and it has revolutionized our convo making capacities. The best part is that it is soo much clearer than Skype. I think the calls are usually about 2-3 cents a minute. So for 10$ you can get about 300 minutes. A-mazing!
So, if you are interested, e-mail me [laurelgillespie88@gmail.com] and I will tell you the secret code, aka my number. The person I hear from first gets an extra souvenir. How's that for bribery. Slap me on da hip people!
I learned a lot of new phrases during the three years I spent tutoring the UNC football boys. Un-ghetto-izing their language and writing was a continual challenge but always a pure joy. Also, when out of the office I received hilarious texts and Facebook messages all the time. Most (but not all) of them were entirely inappropriate for a tutor / student type of relationship, but they never cared esp. since I was usually only a year older. One time I was setting up a tutoring session with this guy outside of my usual hours. He was having a writing emergency. I got his number. When I got home I had a message telling me to slap him on da hip ASAP.
Slap him on da hip. Hmm.
From there I did some preliminary research around the dorm, in my suite, from Young Marcus, on urbandictionary.com, etc. To maintain any semblance of street cred I had to pretend that I already knew and was just quizzing them. #whitegirlproblems. Then I asked one of my other boys and was notified that it simply means 'call me.' Obviously. He went on to say something about how the cell phone might be on the aforementioned student's hip somewhere and when you call it, some kind of hip-slappage occurs. That one stuck.
So this brings me to my extremely exciting news!! Before Alyssa got here, her parents did their due diligence and discovered this calling-card plan you can order online called Reliance Global Calling.
http://www.relianceglobalcall.com/
Basically you can sign up online for however much you want and get OOC low rates so you can call me on my Indian celly. It is approximately 8 times cheaper than me calling you, the connection is totally clear, it's easy to use and it works every time! Brett has been using it and it has revolutionized our convo making capacities. The best part is that it is soo much clearer than Skype. I think the calls are usually about 2-3 cents a minute. So for 10$ you can get about 300 minutes. A-mazing!
So, if you are interested, e-mail me [laurelgillespie88@gmail.com] and I will tell you the secret code, aka my number. The person I hear from first gets an extra souvenir. How's that for bribery. Slap me on da hip people!
No comments:
Post a Comment