Ah, it has been so long since I have posted. I seriously need to get back in the game here. Today's short edition is going to be covering all of the scrumptious fruit I have been indulging in recently. I am totally going to miss the fruit and vegetable market with it's array of exotic options. My fruit guy and I have a nice budding little relash - recently he has been slipping in some free fruit treats with my purchase. I do pretty much keep his apple import business going, but I still find it endearing. All the other fruit selling dudes try to get me to go to their stalls, but me and my man know where my allegiance lies. Here are my top three favorites for the beginning of summer. Oh and it's already at least 110 degrees daily. Add about another 47 degrees of humidity / hair destruction forces and you have a day in my life.
The Lychee. I had heard of it but never tried it. De-LISH. They are kinda a lot of work to get open, but worth it for sure. I definitely recommend trying to find some! They come in fresh off the trees? I think.
The Mango. I fell in love with mangos junior year at UNC when my roomie Benni and I would constantly hit up Target for Naked Mighty Mango drinks. She would sip on them for about a week and I would swallow the whole half gallon in about 4 swallows. I couldn't understand how she had so much self-control. The mangos here are awesome - slightly messy to eat but completely worth it.
The Kiwi. What's not to love about a kiwi? I buy them in bulk and eat one almost every afternoon. I think they cost about 15 cents each. What a steal.
I am here for exactly six more weeks! I am trying my best to soak in everything that I can before I say goodbye to this place. This particular week is crazy busy with a film crew in to work on a movie about human trafficking, and I can't believe I leave for Thailand next Thursday. Coming soon: the 30 cent eyebrow threading experience.
Also, I wanted to say an enormous thank you to all the people who responded to my post 'Behind the Veil.' I was overwhelmed but not surprised at how generous the people in my circle are. I now have the funds to present her with more than enough money for the machines. I will be visiting the village in early June and will definitely have a post to cover that experience. Keep praying for these girls :)



No comments:
Post a Comment