This picture says something to the effect of "Laurel is my teacher" in Bengali.
For the last five months I have been tutoring one of the staff in our office in English twice a week. He has a big English exam coming up in August and has been freaking out. Since I worked for so long with the beloved UNC Athletic Association tutoring English, I gladly took on the challenge. It's been a blast pulling out random grammar rules and tips out of the recesses of my mind. Every Tuesday and Friday at 3 p.m. we get together to go over his homework and work on the next lesson. I am a really strict teacher and have given him stern orders that I must never hear him speaking in anything other than English around the office. It's great and he is getting a lot better and more confident. Anyways, for the sake of a new blog post we took some pics yesterday during our class:
Going over homework-
Chiranjit and me -
Me scolding him for having subject / verb disagreement... slash this pic was posed :) Please don't judge me for my crazy humidity hair!
One of our earlier lessons. Suzles would be proud!!
No comments:
Post a Comment