Today we had our staff Christmas party. It was so fun. I am loving getting to know some of the national staff. My favorite part was the time we spent as an office sharing all the praises and victories from the year 2010. There was SO much to share- brothels being shut down, 9 convictions secured, 43 girls rescued, important partnerships established, a new department (Communications!), the first Christian aftercare home being opened in May, new leadership, repatriation of 19 girls back to Nepal, etc. Although I didn't have much to contribute as to our office's success in the past year, I was sitting there thinking about how faithful the Lord is and how much he wants to shower his people with his favor and blessing. For example, I would never have believed someone a year ago if they told me where I would be right now. That I am in a place so far from home and everything I know- but in a place where God is clearly moving and working to absolutely restore and transform lives.
And that is something I have been thinking of so much- the Lord's faithfulness even when we aren't seeking him, even when we worry, even when we doubt.
Psalm 143:1 - O Lord hear my prayer, listen to my cry for mercy; in your faithfulness and righteousness come to my relief.
Hebrews 10:23 - Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.
No comments:
Post a Comment