Oh my goodness.
So, Robin's mom is the tutor of the GM of the Hyatt's son, and they seriously hooked it up. Presidential suite! Personalized letters waiting for us in the room. We spent afternoon at the pool, relaxing in our room, watching Paranormal Activity and getting ready for another fab dinner.
When we got back, I went with Vic again for a quick trip to the village to take some pictures with the local kids. It's so fun. They know him well around there, and at one point some kids saw him and then this entire herd of them started running towards us, posing for different shots and getting candy from me. This one little girl came out with her pet bird and put it on my shoulder!
I love being able to experience the joy that these kids have. I definitely want to make more of a habit of going to the village on the weekends- the children are absolutely gorgeous. I have also been thinking lately that I would really like to get more involved in the community while I am here. Mother Teresa's Home for the destitute and dying is close by and I am going to inquire this weekend about volunteering there. My supervisor was telling me how important it is to really let the city change you, and to experience all you can while here.
Another thing I am going to do is try out a....you know, laughing society. That's right folks. Check it out. One of the other interns and I are going to try it at 7 am one morning this week. Apparently a big group of people meets at a park and LOLs for about an hour. It is supposed to be really good for you, and we all know how contagious laughter is. I will HAVE to get some video footage of this to share with everyone.
Anyways, it's a new week and I am so thankful to be here. Work is going so well- in fact, I am going to give an update about details there soon once it gets approved so that I can blog about the heart of the work here and fill everyone in. I can't believe I am missing Thanksgiving for the first time EVER! but we are going to have a little celebration here with the interns. I love you all so much. Have a wonderful Monday!




oh man-- i am so glad that you got a break from the city and were pampered for a weekend!! i'm sure you needed it and really appreciated it. let me know how the LOL-ing session goes!
ReplyDelete-heather (the sister)
LOO... a LOL session has your name written all over it. I see that you went for the scandal and wore a BATHING SUIT? how was that allowed? I thought you had to wear clothes in the pool? I am SO glad you had a pampered weekend. You know I am a firm believer in those.
ReplyDelete