Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

fireworks

Friends, family and faithful followers! I hope this blog post reaches you having a super fab weekend. I am currently posted up at my friend Robin's for the weekend.. trying to get as much time with her before she leaves in December :( It has been a really fun week so far, and I finally have some photos to post for your visual pleasure!!

Several announcements: I have actually already gotten to season five of Gilmore Girls. Impressive I know. I find myself constantly thinking/speaking in Lorelai-isms. I would love to hang out with Lauren Graham in real life. So back to real life, I started the hip-hop abs DVD series, c/o Dr. Batch, haha. The other night Katherine did it with me- hilarious. We had some trouble syncing with each other, as you can probably tell. Some documentation (note the matching hair tie, obvs):


Yesterday was another huge festival, Diwali- the celebration of lights. This is like July 4th at home, but about 100 times more intense. Fireworks that would be beyond illegal for your average consumer in NC are for sale on the side of the road for next to nothing. We had the interns and some other staff over to our flat last night and shot off some enormous ones from the roof. The packaging is especially creative-  we lit fireworks named hot girls, Avatar, Britney Spears, etc. I even lit a super super exciting one. The first time I did it it singed 2 holes in my shirt, but PTL that this time I left unscathed. 


An impressive supply. 


Launch pad.


Pre-explosion.


Mid-explosion.


One of our best ones!


Also, tonight I went to my first movie since I've been here. Due Date? It probably came out about 2 years ago in America.  We splurged for the VIP tickets. It was super funny but I get really stressed by disaster movies like this one- very Hangover-esque. Robin and I had (slash are still having) a very relaxing date night, and I am recovering from the anxiety of whether or not Peter would make it back for the birth. Here they have an actual intermission where the employees actually run up and down the aisles like at a baseball game.


I do secretly love hotdogs, but this is where I draw the line:


Anyways, I am having a great time over here and am consistently encouraged by all of my sweet emails from friends, my love, family, etc. I am also so appreciative of your prayers for me and am grateful that our loving and sovereign God is the same there and here. I would ask for prayer that I could sleep better- I don't know what the deal is, but I have been having so much trouble the last 2-3 weeks and am really tired at work because I can't fall asleep at night :( Also, pray for our team and for the girls who are yet to be rescued, that they would have strength and hope. 

More updates to come! kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment