Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

even there your hand will guide

My roommate shared this song in morning devotion the other day and I loved it so much.. Enjoy!

Though I fly to distant lands
Carried by the dawn, lifted on her wings
Though my heart grow slowly cold
And my eyes behold dark and dreadful things
Though my legs should strain to run the race
On the path unmarked, in the lonely place
Even there your hand will guide
Even there your hand will guide

Though my enemy press in
And my courage fail as a crumbling wall
Though the mountains blaze with fire
And the ground beneath me quake and fall
I will turn my eyes to Christ, my Lord
Who calms the sea and turns back the storm
Even here your hand will guide
Even here your hand will guide

Though the gates of death loom grim
And the darkened road leads ever down
Though the path grow ever dim
And ten thousand scheme to do me harm
I will follow Christ, my captain bold
Who has vanquished death and sin untold
And will guide me safely home
He will guide me safely home

1 comment:

  1. what amazing promises. he will never leave you or forsake you. hope you are getting some precious sleep right now! miss you girl!

    ReplyDelete